BPD & Relationships
BPD & Relationships
Borderline Personality Disorder is a personality disorder not much spoken about as many are afraid of it.It is important to remember that those with BPD are still people and deserve to be heard and loved.But a lot of time we become frustrated by their behavior and usually leave them.It causes a destructive impact on their lives.It breaks them completely.
Most of the time, we take it in an easy way when someone tells us about this disorder.Just take a look at this video what it feels like to have a Borderline Personality Disorder-
Now, maybe you understood the feelings and situation of a person with BPD.Maintaining relationships with a person having BPD can be hard, but it is not impossible.Living with Borderline Personality Disorder needs a lot of patience and understanding.
They feel in a deep manner, no matter whether they’re in love or they are hurt.They feel both of these feelings in a very deep manner.Sometimes they feel some relaxing music to calm down themselves.Here is a list of best relaxing musics.
That doesn’t mean they are not guilty of giving pain to you.They usually hurt themselves when they hurt their loved ones.When they make a distance from you, that means they still want you.Then why do they make a distance?Probably, they are hurt from your action which is normal to you but as I said they feel in a deep manner.
Here is an open letter from those who have BPD to those who do not have BPD-
Signs in Relationships
Here are few things which people don’t realize they’re doing because of BPD-
- They will pick little fights to test you and see you whether you leave them or not
- Usually, They ask a lot of questions they know the answer to because of their fear of losing you
- Many Times they self-sabotage everything.Things would be going well but they will find a way to destroy it.
- Most of the time they feel tired, they usually stay awake during nights and sleep during day, because they want to avoid the chaos
- They apologize a lot while some do not show their apologies but deep down they feel it and regret their mistakes
- When they are hurt, they choose to stay silent rather than saying wrong things to you, but when they are unable to keep their emotions inside, they burst and say all the things reminding all the traumatic events
- They ask people whether they are mad at them
- Sometimes their reaction considered as overreaction but as I mentioned they feel too intensely and react accordingly
- Their mind and heart are telling they love you, but their words are direct opposite.
These are few of the things that are a sign.
But these things are also found in those who do not have BPD but at a lower intensified level.
So, try to understand situations of BPD.Here is how to diagnose Borderline Personality Disorder.
Most of us consider it simple but according to researchers “Mental pain is equal to Physical pain“.So mental pain requires the same care and attention as physical pain.Don’t ignore it.
Hope you liked it!
Share to others to help their loved ones in coping with this pain.Help those who are Living with Borderline Personality Disorder.